Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    poly tank
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

poly tank
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of dustyjeeper
posted
My 1996 Barth has a broken fitting I'm trying to find a replacement part. The ABS 3" adapter has a groove with an O ring. This slides into the poly tank. This is broken into at the groove and looks to have leaked for years. I will also replace the metal that was destroyed from this leak. Thanks.

1978 Barth 17' Cabin Fever
1997 Barth 23' 4 door Command Center

Posts: 505 | Location: LaSalle CO | Member Since: 12-05-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post
I just got my 3"abs sleeve adapter in the mail.

I should be able to glue it in. Click

Posts: 505 | Location: LaSalle CO | Member Since: 12-05-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/10
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this picture of the black tank coupling! I had no idea that there was an O-ring in there.
Is the metal you're referring to the worm gear hose clamp that was on it?
What is the source for the adapter you purchased?
I hope that your fix works.
I'm concerned that the outlet on my tank has lost it's shape because of the clamp distorting it to the point that I wouldn't get a seal by just cementing an adapter like this on.

1990 32' Regency
Spartan Chassis
Cummins CTA8.3
Allison 4 speed

Posts: 70 | Location: WI | Member Since: 03-19-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post
http://www.dyersonline.com/Pro...medium=shoppingengin
I bought this Barth and the previous owners had let the holding tank drip so long that urea has eaten the bottom of the metal compartment that the tank is enclosed in. If your tank is distorted try pointing a halogen light near your fitting to get it hot. It should warm up enough to let you twist out your old fitting. Becarefull not to melt your tank. confusion

Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post
Update
This adapter works
I did use 80 grit sand paper to score the inside of the poly tank where the adapter slides in. I did not use primer. I used all purpose cement.
(for PVC, ABS, CPVC)