Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Wood------STOP
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Wood------STOP
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/10
Picture of bud@YXY
posted
We were traveling along Hwy 60 near Show Low Az a couple of days ago and had the misfortune to be unable to get around a piece of firewood on the road. On its way under it hit the front axle (not a problem), but in getting under the rear, it managed to break off a splitter valve (That's what the fellow called it). After that it appears it (reasonably) gently touched the transmission and hydraulic hoses (broke to tie wrap) and departed to be hit by our toad (no damage) and a couple of other motorists-- none of whom seemed to get damaged significantly
Once this valve broke off, all air was gone in seconds and we were coming to a rapid stop-- just managed to get onto the shoulder, including the toad.
BCAA sent a truck to get us from Winslow (as in the song) but by the time he arrived and was just getting set up to load us (a task he said would likely take at least a hour) Bill (WCD Mobile repairs) had returned with repaired parts and installed them.
WCD Mobile Repairs is not the Show Low Yellow pages but if you have a traveling mechanical problem I would suggest giving him a call---- 928 205 9739

Bud

1993 Breakaway 36ft & 1977 20 ft
Spartan: air ride and brakes & P32(?)
Cummins: 8.3 litre 250hp, PACBrake
Allison 3060 (6 spd)
Front entry, side hallway
7.5 kw diesel gen.
1999 2dr Tracker 4X4 5spd, SMI Braking system

Posts: 253 | Location: Yukon--Arizona and around | Member Since: 06-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
Hi Bud
Already in AZ? Way to go, we won't be on our way for another month and can hardly wait!
Glad to hear that your trouble on the road wasn't a major setback.
If you are in the north Phoenix area anytime over the winter we will be at Pioneer RV site 375 in Anthem, so stop by for a visit.
Don and Patty

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Hmm, BILL from WCD? Is this "Bill AZ"? Nice to know we have road service "clones" around the country. I hope there are many! mechanic

Bill NY no wonder you're always so busy! (I didn't know you had the Star Trek transporter running again.) Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5197 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/10
Picture of bud@YXY
posted Hide Post
Don and Steve

Have a good trip down Don, watch out for all those road alligators--we will likely be in and out of Phoenix area, so will try to look you up.

Bill at WCD Mobile was a VERY lucky break for us.
BCAA gave us a contact number for "MTS" mobile services-- the fellow I talked to was both unhelpful and almost (well maybe he was) rude. They were not available unless you could e-mail them a signed authorization for VISA/Mastercard etc AND he knew I was phoning from a PAY phone (there was no AT&T coverage in Show Low area) and the minimum charge was going to be $250, and I did not get the sense that I was going to be getting a valuable service either. However I stopped at an AutoZone and the young fellow there gave a number, no answer, he called another store who came back with this guy's number-- he was not in the pages
However, Bill (AZ) was a commonsense, practical and helpful sounding fellow from square one--- and he was!

Regards Bud

1993 Breakaway 36ft & 1977 20 ft
Spartan: air ride and brakes & P32(?)
Cummins: 8.3 litre 250hp, PACBrake
Allison 3060 (6 spd)
Front entry, side hallway
7.5 kw diesel gen.
1999 2dr Tracker 4X4 5spd, SMI Braking system

Posts: 253 | Location: Yukon--Arizona and around | Member Since: 06-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
It is good to know there are still some good guys out there. We should use and recommend them when we can. I will make the note for the AZ area! Thanks for the tip and glad you got back on the road.

I wonder what happened to all the firewood I left on the back bumper confusion

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5197 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post