Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    110/220?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

110/220?
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted
Is the 30 amp plug 110 or 220 volts? 1986 Regal Dennis

Posts: 207 | Location: Port Townsend ,Wash USA | Member Since: 11-21-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Dennis,

It's actually 120 volt AC. When I first went to hook up my RV at home, I didn't have the capacity to go with the fifty amp service, so I planned for the thirty. Since I used to have an electric dryer that was thirty amps, I figured I would use that circuit breaker, which is 220 v AC.

I went to Home Depot to get the wire and outside box with connecting plug. The gentleman working the floor saved me big time by asking a few questions. As soon as I said I was hooking up my RV, he stopped evrything and told me that they did not carry the correct outlet plug for the RV connection. It turns out that there is a travel trailer plug especially made for trailer park type connections which is 120 v AC.

I had to buy a 120v breaker and went to my local camper supply store to get the outlet connector. My installation went well after that.

Bill G

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post