Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    New Tires
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

New Tires
 Login now/Join our community

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MWrench:
I have looked for a place that would accommodate 4 BIG L16s (still want to go with 6, but)

Wow! That's a lot of battery power. I thought you had GC batteries. I often try to scheme a way to put L16s in ours. Our equipment at work showed me the value of L16s.

How about removing the genset and the propane tank, and replacing each with much smaller units? Would that leave enough space for a compact generator and the batteries? Or would your charging needs be too high?

Some solar on the roof would add some watts. Our load is way lighter, so my ideas might be out in left field for you. But we seldom run the genset. I am considering removing it completely and relying on our teeny Honda 650 for cloudy days or shady forests.

I haven't seen your coach, but I am curious about the possibility of a smaller gas generator, a smaller propane tank, and the battery bank up front. But, that might compromise your furnace operation. I took our furnaces out for the space. We don't camp much below the twenties, anyway. The propane is just for the fridge now.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cabinetguy:
These are photos of my wheel and tires as well as my exhaust where the "alligator" slapped and crimped them. Any substantial restriction here?

From what I can see on the picture, it looks a little kinky. In fact, the bends where the pipes go out the side don't look very free-flowing. I would have new mandrel-bent pipes with nice rolled edge stainless tips installed.

One of the reasons Banks sells a complete system is to be sure that the entire system is low restriction.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post