Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    converter/fuse block
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

converter/fuse block
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Would anyone give me a hint as to where the 12 volt fuses might be in a 1971 25' Barth? I just got it and have no manuals. All my interior lights went out tonight.Thanks.

Posts: 20 | Location: Ceresco, Mi | Member Since: 10-31-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Often a fuse panel will be combined with the converter. I have found fuse panels in closets and storage cabinets too.

Start at the converter, and if the fuses aren't there, try to trace the main 12v lead. If it disappears and you can't find where it goes, start looking in compartments. It's likely to be accessible from somewhere inside the coach, but in 1971, who knows?

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't find the converter either. This only has one closet in the bathroom. The 110 circuit box is there. I thought it might be under the bed in the bedroom, but there is no access to that without removing a bunch of screws.I wil try tomorrow in the daylight. Thanks for your reply.

Posts: 20 | Location: Ceresco, Mi | Member Since: 10-31-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
My rig is a '90, a long time removed from yours, but FWIW, my converter is in the generator compartment, and doesn't look at all like a standard RV converter. The fuse panel (actually breakers, not fuses) is under the couch. Try looking in all your cupboards, under beds, under the sink, etc.

Try tracing your 110v circuits. Usually there's one that's dedicated to the converter with its own breaker.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
This could seem a little far-fetched, but if you are in a quiet area, you might be able to listen for the converter. They usually hum or vibrate.

Having another person plug and unplug the cord will help.

[This message has been edited by bill h (edited November 01, 2005).]

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Glood advice and not far-fetched at all, Bill, that's how I discovered mine.

What I thought was a converter is merely a power distribution center that runs quietly. The hummer is in the genny compartment, and doesn't resemble the standard RV converter we're all familiar with.

Picture of Don Scalzo
posted Hide Post
Just a thought, but, most of these coaches have a switch that turns all the house batteries off when the MH is idle. You may have run the house batteries down by leaving something on. When I plug into shore power there is a loud click or snap from the converter. The switch to turn all the i2v off is near the door on my unit.

Posts: 196 | Location: Apollo Beach, Fl. USA | Member Since: 10-05-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, everyone for your suggestions. I found the converter with one of the circuit breakers tripped. (No fuses). It was under the carpeted floor in the bathroom closet.

Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
I found the filter for the pollution pumps on my 1989 28' Regal, in a cutout in the carpet on the passenger side floor, the drains for the hot and cold lines under the drawers, under one of the beds, seatbelts hidden under the sofa/bed. This is what I've found so far. Happy hunting to see how a Barth works. JKB

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post