Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Waterpump on the way out
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Waterpump on the way out
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Anyone have any idea what a good indicator is if a waterpump needing to be replaced ? Ours seems a little louder that it should be and it stays on all the time, instead of only when a faucet is open. No leaks anywhere that we can see.
jack !!!

------------------
Jack and Daiva
1988 Barth Regal

Posts: 140 | Location: Los Angeles, California | Member Since: 09-03-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
Two thoughts:

If your pump is louder than usual, it is probably on the way out. Mine has been chattering for a couple years, and I *thought* that was what is was SUPPOSED to sound like..ahahhaa. Talking to other motorhome owners corrected that mis=apprehension.

If your pump is running a lot, you probably have a leak. I would consider the toilet to be the most likely culprit. I would also suppose that if your pump is not making good pressure, then your right back at replacing your pump head.

I have seen head replacement kits (as opposed to the entire unit) at campingworld.

Posts: 178 | Location: Lancaster, PA USA | Member Since: 07-30-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Windsor. I've checked out the pumps at Camping World. Comeplete units do not appear to be too outrageous in price.
jack !!!

------------------
Jack and Daiva
1988 Barth Regal

Posts: 140 | Location: Los Angeles, California | Member Since: 09-03-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post