Barthmobile Portal
door parts

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3631087061/m/6691049061

09-07-2005, 07:59 PM
shtym
door parts
Does anyone have any info on SAILOR MFG.
Thats the tag on both the rear side door and the normal entrance door. I need a new bottom rail and I can't seem to find the mfg.
Thanks, Lloyd
09-07-2005, 09:10 PM
olroy
I bought a new hinge last winter. I hate to tantalize, but any paperwork I might still have is in storage, along with the Barth .

As I recall, I did quite a bit of navigating on the internet before I found the source. Try googling it, I think that's how I found it.
Roy
09-07-2005, 11:31 PM
Lee
Maybe a dead-end, but:

1. SAILOR, Vernon R., d/b/a Sailor Mfg, holds a patent involving doors & windows....

2. Patent says Sailor Mfg. is located in Elkhart, IN....Big RV mfg area, and close enough to have been a convenient Barth supplier.......

3. No luck on locating a Sailor Mfg. in any Indiana mfg. directories, but a Vernon Sailor lives in Elkhart, IN, 1605 Evergreen Place, ph. (574)266-9067

Maybe THE Sailor of Sailor Mfg????........
09-08-2005, 06:03 PM
olroy
I didn't find any paperwork on my door hinge, but the e-mail record shows I contacted inquiiries@amerimaxbp.com
Their website is www.amerimaxbp.com

The RV entry doors they show are identical to the one my Barth, & mine is also labeled "Sailor.".

There are a lot of current products sold under different names by different companies because of takeovers & mergers in recent years. This is one of them. Sometimes it takes a Sherlock Holmes to locate them.