Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    dead backup cam
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

dead backup cam
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/17
Picture of Richard_Muise
posted
After 20 years of loyal service, my camera or monitor died today. Any recommendations on replacing it? I've heard the wireless jibs have really improved and I look forward to a color monitor but if i have to hard wire it to get good performance, i am willing to do it.

Thanks,

Richard

R.P.Muise 1994 Breakaway/Cummins 5.9/Allison transmission/Spartan Chassis

Posts: 662 | Location: Hampden, Massachusetts | Member Since: 10-13-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keirn and Carolyn
posted Hide Post
I installed a Digital Quad Wireless Backup Camera System
by Rear View Safety
Bought through Amazon
this Summer. It worked great.
About four years ago I installed a
Rear View Safety RVS-770613 Video Camera with 7.0-Inch LCD (Black) also purchased through Amazon
in my Barth using the existing cable and it works well but the color isn't as good as the wireless camera or as good as if I had installed it with the cable that it came with.

Posts: 29 | Location: Trent Woods, North Carolina | Member Since: 07-11-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/17
Picture of Richard_Muise
posted Hide Post
Did some online research and found the Tadi brothers out of LOs Angeles who have a hard wired cam system with a seven inch color monitor with a 3 year guarantee (extra) for under 250. Now all I have to do is run the new wire. Anyone ever fish a cam wire down the back of a breakaway?

R.P.Muise 1994 Breakaway/Cummins 5.9/Allison transmission/Spartan Chassis

Posts: 662 | Location: Hampden, Massachusetts | Member Since: 10-13-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/10
Picture of sky
posted Hide Post
Richard, mine went out also. I removed the monitor and cleaned the contacts and plugged it back in and has worked fine.

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post