Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Storage Compartment Locks (Alpha Key Cam Locks)
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Storage Compartment Locks (Alpha Key Cam Locks)
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Steve Castner
posted
I am restoring a 1989 Regency that my father purchased new. Two of the cam locks on the exterior storage compartments must be replaced. They are barrel mechanisms and have alpha (round keys). Such locks are readily available.

The difficulty is that the barrel locks are inserted into cast aluminum or base metal housings that are attached to the compartment doors with machine bolts.

I am unable to locate the cast housings. They are sort of oblong in shape. The barrel locks thread into the middle of the housings and there are wings into which the machine screws thread from the back side of the compartment door.

I would like to locate either new units are used from a junked coach. Again, this is a 1989 Regency.

Please let me know if you know of a source of two of these lock assemblies or even just the cash housings. I will be glad to send a photo.

Thank you.

Steve Castner

1989 Regal 34’
Side entry, floor plan A
Spartan chassis
Cummins 6CTA – 8.3 L with 240 HP
Cummins pusher
Allison transmission MT 643
Onan generator
8808-3555-34RDS-A

Posts: 83 | Location: Cedarburg, WI | Member Since: 09-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the Forums!

Try this thread.

At the top of the Tech Talk section is a drawing of a Barth; place the mouse over an item on the pictorial, and it will link you to an appropriate previous thread.

And I've moved your post to that thread for better exposure.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post