Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Marble floor tile
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Marble floor tile
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Today my wife found the tile she wants in our Barth bath, and step area. It is 4" tumbled marble off white 3/8" plus thick. Who knows without a doubt the adhesive I should use????. The orginal tile seems to be held down with an adhesive and not thin-set or mortar. It is abit fexible it seems. Thank you.

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/08
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of Eric Herrle
posted Hide Post
Been there, Done that, Is it really marble or is it tile? Marble is a bad thing on the floor, it's to brittle and will crack no matter how you lay it up... Ask me how I know.. As far as an adheasive goes I use 3M 5100 in a big X pattern.

Posts: 216 | Location: Kailua Kona, HI & E. Waterboro, ME | Member Since: 06-27-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Eric, We they call it Marble.

Well they call it Marble Eric. It is 4" square 3/8" plus thick and tumbled edges. My very best friends son is in the tile laying business, and today he call from Michigan and said to use epoxy to fasten to the floor, but not to use epoxy as grout as it will get in to the coarse pores and not look good. He said use sanded grout and add a liquid latex additive to give same flexibility. I welcome your findings Eric that's why I ask. Thank you very much, and I will wait your thoughts. Sale

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post