Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Thank you for the help today Bill N.Y.
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Thank you for the help today Bill N.Y.
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Patch1st
posted
I had a slow leak in an outer rear tire and got tired of refilling it every few days so today was the day.... I called Bill N.Y. and he was VERY helpful about removing it... Good thing I called him or I might STILL be trying to tighten the lug nuts off of it.... Turns out the PASSENGER side rears are left handed threads but the studs were marked with a letter inside the "square" of the inner tire studs as Bill pointed out.... Well I got the wheel/tire off and took it to a truck tire shop... It turned out to be the valve stem that had the very slow leak so they replaced it for $20.00, good deal..... While i was there I told the mech. that it was a PITA to check and refill the tire as both valvestems were in the same hole in the Alcoa rims.... He said that was probably the reason it failed due to having to move the stems around to check/fill the tire.... He recommened that I put it back on with the new valve stem opposite of where the inner one is located.... Kinda made sense even though the other side is still the same way this side was.... It's all back together now and hopefully I'm done with refilling the tire every few days.... Does anybody know a reason why the valve stems were alligned into the same hole?

Click for Saint Clair Shores, Michigan Forecast

Patch1st
35' Regency
MCC Chassis
8.2 Detroit Diesel
"Partly Cloudy"

Posts: 455 | Location: Michigan | Member Since: 10-17-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
You're welcome Patch. The tire valve stem does not have to be in the "same hole", it just needs to be in a hole so you can refill it if needed.

When Patch called today, he'll tell you, I was very busy. Even though I knew who it was, he repeated a few times who was calling. I think he thought that I couldn't possibly be the same person he talked to in Milford face to face. Yeah, I was that busy.

You might have noticed that my post count is way down from the norms and things are not getting done as fast here. Linking maps to the For Sale forum and changing headers around responding to pms and emails and keeping up with my paying job seems to be taking alot of my time recently.

If I'm not posting here I'm in over my head with the day to day struggle we call life. Just so you know, everything is good with me. It's just that all of these square pegs need to be whittled down to fit the round holes. Be patient, I'm treading water as fast as I can...................... Smiler

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post