Barthmobile Portal
Turn signal switch replacement

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3631087061/m/6253987697

01-04-2022, 03:32 PM
Harley86
Turn signal switch replacement
I need to replace the turn signal switch on my 1986 , 31' Regency. P30. I have gotten as far as removing steering wheel and switch is ready to come out but I cannot figure out how to get the wiring harness out and the new one down through the steering column. The connector on the end of the harness will not pull up through the column. I can cut it off, but then cannot get the new connector through the column. Does anyone have my answer? Thanks for your help in advance.
01-04-2022, 04:22 PM
Harley86
quote:
Originally posted by Harley86:
I need to replace the turn signal switch on my 1986 , 31' Regal P30. I have gotten as far as removing steering wheel and switch is ready to come out but I cannot figure out how to get the wiring harness out and the new one down through the steering column. The connector on the end of the harness will not pull up through the column. I can cut it off, but then cannot get the new connector through the column. Does anyone have my answer? Thanks for your help in advance.

01-05-2022, 08:23 AM
Steve VW
Welcome to the site! We can often help with problems.

I sold my Regal a while back but I recall the column harness was not easy to access.

I was not able to find a direct reference to the turn signal harness replacement, though. I did see a remark that suggested one person replaced the turn signal switch by cutting the wires and soldering the wires to the new switch.

It might be possible to remove the individual wires from the large plug on the end, fish the wires through, then replace into the connector plug.

Good luck, keep us posted. Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp
01-05-2022, 09:04 AM
Harley86
Steve, thanks for your response. I will Check out the connector better to see if the wires can be removed. I'll let you know!
01-09-2022, 03:15 PM
Harley86
Steve,you were correct on the connector coming off. I was able to remove the connector and pull the wires up through the column. I then found a new switch on Jegs of all places. Long story short, after taking the switch apart to get it to fit in the column i was able to reinsert the wires in the connector and put column back together. So far works fine. I have attached a pic of the switch without the connector. Thanks for your help!

Jpeg

01-09-2022, 04:38 PM
Steve VW
Excellent! I am glad it worked. Thanks for the feedback, it is nice to know when things work! Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp