Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Dash lights 91 Gillig-cat
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Dash lights 91 Gillig-cat
 Login now/Join our community

posted
We just put our new interior in, and since we had made so many changes we felt it wise to take a one day test trip before our 2000 mile trip into Texas next week. This is a new coach for us so we are learning each day. I noticed in night driving the dash BRIGHT HEADLITE warning lite is to bright as is the GREEN GEN. lite. Both are distracting to say the least. I have not lifted the dash top inspection panel to check if a smaller bulb can be used yet but wondered if anyone has a proven method to tame these two down. The complete set of instruments and switches are very hard to read but in this case they lack brightness. I may have to live with such unless someone has a proven solution. Thanks for your thoughts. Dale

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dale, please forward me some pic's of the new interior. I am putting together a ceiling replacement outline (not complete yet). I am always interested in things people do to their coach.

Al

Posts: 75 | Location: Villa Rica, Ga, USA | Member Since: 03-15-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Dale, Like you, we are new to RVing and have only had our coach a couple of months. I have driven mine at night several times and am disappointed with the lack of brightness of the dash lights in general. They are so dim that I have a hard time actually reading them. I pulled up the cover behind the dash and found some of the lights burned out and two of the light channels had become unglued from the back of the dash. When the bulbs were replaced and the channels connected the lighting was still poor at best. Barth did many things well, but did not get it right here. I have not been able to find brighter bulbs to use either.

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I found the answer to the very distracting bright lites that highlight GREEN GEN., AND HEADLITE HIGH BEAM BLUE lites. I had some 3/16" automotive stripe tape black in color and I cut two small dots and stuck to the center of the lens. This tamed them a lot and left a ring of lite that I can live with. I checked first as to how hot these lens got so as not to smell the adhesive. Dale

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post