Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    LP Tank
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

LP Tank
 Login now/Join our community

posted
The LP tank on our Barth is at least 13 years old, and wonder if it should be pressure tested, or am I being overly concerned about something that is relatively fail-safe? Would like to know what others think. Thanks.

Posts: 35 | Location: Buffalo, MO USA | Member Since: 09-11-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
The only thing to take into consideration is your own person concern. If you have any doubts it is going to effect the joy that you realize on your next trip. I am not certain, but I do not think something like that can be too expensive. And, now that you have mentioned it think I will have my 20 year old tank checked out. When I checked on that a while back there were only a couple certified guys in the twin cities who could do that. So you may have to hunt to get the right guy who can give you the right tag. (If you need a tag)

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would not worry about the tank unless it has alot of rust on it. There is a place in Phoenix called Bills Propane who can check it out if you want it done. I would just make sure you presure check the rest of the system twice a year.

Posts: 4 | Location: Mesa Arizona USA | Member Since: 02-09-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gunner
posted Hide Post
My thought: The tank is probably okay unless there is something obvious. However: I'd replace the hose(s) and the regulator. The regulator is the pie-shaped thingy just outside the tank, and is a screw-on (don't use teflon tape-use "pipe dope") and may be purchased along with the hoses at any LP Gas Distributor (Amerigas, etc). OR have the Distributor install and get a free inspection at the same time. I would go to a LP Gas guy instead of an RV place because they are usually MUCH cheaper, especially in a rural or suburban area.
JIMBOW1098 above has the right idea.
------------------
"You are what you drive" - Clint Eastwood

[This message has been edited by Gunner (edited February 13, 2005).]

Posts: 474 | Location: Republic of Texas | Member Since: 12-31-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post