Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Grass 830 sub
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Grass 830 sub
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Keith Hopper
posted
Greetings from Planet Hinge.

Some of you likely know this but I can verify that the Blum Compact 33 hinge with edge mount plate is a very good replacement for Grass 830. Possibly better in some ways...plates install with TWO main screws plus a third small one on face. And after reinstalling cabinet doors, they can adjust left and right as well as up and down. Only a few screw holes work...my preference anyway. I tried recycling original Grass hinges in rear of coach but the things are just too bloody old.

http://www.hardwaresource.com/...roduct_detail&p=3987

1988 Regency
38' Gillig
3208 T Cat

Posts: 161 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia | Member Since: 03-21-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keith Hopper
posted Hide Post
BTW no luck finding the original square head cabinet screws...I recycled all that I could.

1988 Regency
38' Gillig
3208 T Cat

Posts: 161 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia | Member Since: 03-21-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/16
Picture of coaster48
posted Hide Post
We....up here in Canada....love the square hole screws!!(Robertson) Most of us curse the Philips (star) screws!!! But...to each their own!!
Sorry....couldn't resist!

Neil

1995 Regal 31 Ft.
Ford F 53 Chassis
460 EFI

Posts: 93 | Location: Sechelt,B.C. Canada | Member Since: 03-17-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keith Hopper
posted Hide Post
I prefer the square too but they seem to be hard to find.

1988 Regency
38' Gillig
3208 T Cat

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Try McFeely's

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 01/08
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Most marine hardware stores carry the Robertson's.. There used on a lot of boats.

ED.

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post