Barthmobile Portal
Weep holes drainage problems

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3631087061/m/6061018061

08-10-2003, 03:38 AM
Bootdude
Weep holes drainage problems
I'm looking for some information on the windows and drainage or lack of. My Barth is a 1980 if the year makes any difference. We've been having a ton of rain here in Florida and seems that the weep holes are not keeping up the rate of water that works it way into the track under the window. I don't want to damage the plastic track the window glides on by pulling it out. From what I can see the drains on the outside don't line up with the weep holes on the inside. I'm guessing that the track has a chanel on the bottom side of it for the water to travel through and out the drains on the exterior. Is this correct and if so can you lift this out to clean it? Or is this a normal occurance with heavy rains. Thanks for any imput.
Stay dry Bootdude
08-10-2003, 08:59 AM
Eric Herrle
Over time dirt & crud get built up in the channels ans under the plastic. You have to figure how to clean them. some lift easily, some don't. I used thin wire to clean out the drains. I was in the rain forest of BC last spring and they just barely kept pace with the water. I found if the rigs was level and the tracks & drains clean they worked...JUST..