Barthmobile Portal
radiator-83 regency- detroit 8.2 on mcc chassis

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3631087061/m/6041097061

06-09-2002, 11:59 PM
ironsides
radiator-83 regency- detroit 8.2 on mcc chassis
well i've messed up again. powerwashing my radiator to get the gunk out and opened up a flood of antifreeze. found seriously deteriorated fins. rusty and crumbling near the bottom of the unit. i've pulled the rear panel for access and think i can remove it but i don't think it's repairable. NOW WHAT???????? any one know where a new radiator can be found?

thanks,
IRONSIDES

------------------
06-10-2002, 12:31 AM
davebowers
Geez Ironsides,

Sorry to hear about that. Try this place. I am sure they can give you some info http://www.radiatorstores.com/index.htm

And of course you can call Motorhome restorations in Lincoln, IL. They are the MCC experts.
06-10-2002, 06:20 PM
sdaniels
Have a good rad man check it over. It may be able to be repaired. If not, and the tanks are in decent condition, a good radiator shop should be able to recore it for you. Either of these options are usually more economical than a new radiator.
Good Luck.
Steve
06-24-2002, 08:30 AM
ironsides
Thanks Dave and Steve,
i took my radiator, overflow tank and transmisson cooler to a well recommended repair shop. they rebuilt the whole thing using just my frame and supports. also added an extra core to make 5. rebuilt the overflow (broken welds) and flushed the tranny rad. total bill was about $1160. i've reinstalled it and it seems to be great although i haven't road tested it yet. setting in the drive and running at 1000 rpm's it is showing 180* F. whew! again thanks for the advice and for the site dave.

mike(ironsides) foster

------------------
06-24-2002, 01:33 PM
davebowers
I'm glad things worked out, for a price. Such are the trials of RV ownership...

------------------
Shortcuts Always Take Longer

06-27-2002, 04:06 PM
sdaniels
Glad to hear that you are back on the road.