Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Need socket covers
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Need socket covers
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted
The socket cover that protects the electrical outlet from the weather broke off on the passenger side of my coach. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement?

1990 32' Regency, Wide Body
Spartan Chassis, 8.3 CTA Cummins
4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri

Posts: 356 | Location: Missouri | Member Since: 06-24-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dr. bart
posted Hide Post
Use the one on the drivers side .... Haha... Just kidding ... Try an electrical supply store...

Posts: 108 | Location: harrisonburg va | Member Since: 06-14-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted Hide Post
What are the chances that an electrical supply store would have the same type that fits the Barth? I would like for it to be a direct match what I already have on there. Was wondering if anyone had a spare or one that they were parting out.

4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri

Posts: 356 | Location: Missouri | Member Since: 06-24-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dr. bart
posted Hide Post
chances are zero if you don't try... Why ask if you so easily doubt an answer ?.. Barth didn't get them from a plumbing house...

Posts: 108 | Location: harrisonburg va | Member Since: 06-14-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted Hide Post
Thought this was a web site to communicate and help each other. I always check multiple sources as this site is a source. I agree that chances are zero getting a direct match somewhere else so, I am asking barthmobile.com first... have a nice day.

4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri

Picture of dr. bart
posted Hide Post
I have two on my breakaway.... I'd give you one of mine... But you'd probably complain the paint did match...

Picture of dr. bart
posted Hide Post
Leviton 4986-GY duplex receptacle cover....$5.10

Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted Hide Post
You win Dr Bart. I'm going to walk away from this conversation.

4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri

Picture of dr. bart
posted Hide Post
Leviton 4970 diecast metal gray... Two rectangular covers...is what mine look like...post a picture of yours.... Maybe they are different ... I bought my breakaway used .... Mine could be replacements.... Just trying to help....

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
RVs use standard exterior-rated duplex outlets. Metal and PVC covers are available at Home Depot and Lowe's. Usual colors are white and grey.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post