Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Step Well Floor Cover
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Step Well Floor Cover
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted
The slide out cover that protects the step well is in it's little closet,disassembled. My first guess is I'm missing a steel rod that holds the "slide out"motion in place. Several ball bearings are out of place but I can see them in back of the closet. I should be able to retrieve them with a mechanic's magnet Since Mary is a little unsteady on her feet(faux knee joints)I'm afraid she could fall into the step well. If anyone with this floor option on their coach would send me a sketch or close up picture and the diameter of the steel rod I will be most grateful............carl

"THE TOY" 88 33'Regal SE Coach #3448

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
My 33' Regal SE is 2 years newer than yours, and there's no steel rods or ball bearings associated with the step well cover.

When not in use, it resides vertically in a small locker next to the step. In use, the well cover drops into place and rests on cleats attached to bothe sides of the well.

Sounds like they may have uncomplicated something that was over-engineered in earlier years.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Carl,
There is no rod on our cover. Just a track about 1-1/4" wide that rides on two strips of ball bearings on the bottom strip which is about 1-3/4" wide. Both strips are about 3 feet long and go way up under the table/wine cabinet.
The cover has three regular cabinet hinges rivited to the 1-1/4" track so it can fold up. I'll bet your cover may have been dropped before it was all the way out and has sprung apart.
I hope this helps...
Cheers, John

Posts: 114 | Location: Skamania, WA, USA | Member Since: 07-21-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
carl your folding floor works on a slide w/3 hinges slides out folds down.part # slide is thc3601-28 from Austin co. 1-800-821-1664 catalog T-100 page 205. BUTT hinges you can get at hardware store.
hinges pop rivet to slide. carl

87 33-se

Posts: 29 | Location: forestburgh n.y usa | Member Since: 01-06-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
A sincere thanks to all for your replies. I now can figure out what I have and reconstruct the platform. I have to agree with Olroy "it was over engineered"...carl

"THE TOY" 88 33' Regal SE Coach #3448

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post