Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Replacing serpentine belt on 1998 Itasca 454.
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Replacing serpentine belt on 1998 Itasca 454.
 Login now/Join our community

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rjones:
Yes it has AC. Thanks to everyone for your help.

If you post a picture of the compressor, we might be able to tell you if it is OEM or aftermarket.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Went with a 101.580 inch long belt, worked perfect. Thanks again Steve. This is my first RV so I am sure you all will be hearing from me again.

Posts: 7 | Location: Lexington, OK | Member Since: 06-01-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Glad you have what you need. Thumbs Up This kind of thing is fairly common with RVs, the coach builders often change things and don't always document them. Besides that, by the time we get them the documents are often long gone. Glad we can help.

You're still lucky to have that newer coach. My 86 was an EPA disaster, 2 smog pumps, EGR, vacuum advance delay valve, low compression, etc.

I retrofit a fuel injection system on my 454, way better. Like Kevin says, stay tuned, my next project is a 454HO 425hp engine swap! mechanic

Good luck with your projects, keep in touch!

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5190 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rjones:
Went with a 101.580 inch long belt, worked perfect. Thanks again Steve. This is my first RV so I am sure you all will be hearing from me again.

Be sure you save the pn and a diagram or photo.

BTW, if you buy a NAPA belt, be sure to get their top USA line, not the budget Mexican one. GM serpantine setups don't like the cheap belt.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post