Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    cable-phone connector
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

cable-phone connector
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Keith Hopper
posted
Old school phone connector (yellow) and TV co-ax; anybody know the cable name/gauge so I can try to reconnect to outlet? Looks heavier than what I saw at Home Depot.

Anybody find a use for the phone connector, lines, indoor jacks?

1988 Regency
38' Gillig
3208 T Cat

Posts: 161 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia | Member Since: 03-21-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Most tv coax systems use 75 ohm cable. RG59 cable was widely used for years. Newer systems often use RG 6 cable which is a bit thicker and I believe, double shielded.

Any generic TV coax and connectors can be used.

As for the phone… ROTFLMAO

(Actually, I did remove one of the dual phone jack plates and used the hole for an additional 110V duplex outlet.)

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5181 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keith Hopper
posted Hide Post
Thanks I'll try generic.

I'm thinking of finding an old rotary phone to connect up to that weird plug at the campground. But then I still have my rotary cell phone.

1988 Regency
38' Gillig
3208 T Cat

Posts: 161 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia | Member Since: 03-21-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I still have a dial phone in the bedroom confusion (It's the only house phone that works when the power is out)

I have no "smart phones" because I am too stupid to walk around staring at my phone, playing games, etc. No camera, no web, I rarely text, I actually TALK on my phone! (I'm barely able to walk and chew gum ) Big Grin

I don't think the RV parks have working phone lines at the sites any more.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5181 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Steve VW:
I still have a dial phone in the bedroom confusion (It's the only house phone that works when the power is out)

I have no "smart phones" because I am too stupid to walk around staring at my phone, playing games, etc. No camera, no web, I rarely text, I actually TALK on my phone! (I'm barely able to walk and chew gum ) :Just curious !I have a cobra 40 channel cb are those obsolete if I travel to the states?Wally 34ft barth monarch-van-isle

Posts: 191 | Location: vancouver island bc | Member Since: 01-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
CB is still around but since cell phones only the truckers use them much. Still come in handy to listen for road reports, etc.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
The most common telephone jacks are RJ-11 and RJ-14. The plugs are available at most home improvement centers, as is the special tool that makes stripping and crimping easy.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted document.write(''+ myTimeZone('Mon, 15 Jun 2015 12:09:19 GMT-0700', '06-15-2015 03:09 PM')+'');06-15-2015 03:09 PM06-15-2015 03:09 PMHide PostCB is still around but since cell phones only the truckers use them much. Still come in handy to listen for road reports, etc.8607-3346-33TFPOB86 Regal SE 33 Tag axleChev P3(7) 454HO ~400 hp TBI fuel injected

I gave up on the CB thing a number of years ago ....... a person couldn't get any sense out of anything coming over the air. It was totally jammed by foul-mouthed ratchet jawed DJ wunnabees.

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post