Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Turning Radius for Architect???
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Turning Radius for Architect???
 Login now/Join our community

<sjohansen>
posted
Hi, I'm an architect working on a a bookmobile garage/drive-thru area for a Barth 31-S bookmobile. The wheelbase is listed at 195", but I have no idea what the turning radius is.

Would love it if you could help refer me to someone who can help. I understand the manufacturer is out of business...?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Because a Barth is made like a tank you don't need to know that.

Welcome to the site.

I think your's is a single axle with the Ford Oshkosh chassis. Do you have pics? Where do you live?

I have a 33-s so I can't help but tell us about your coach.

------------------
http://www.truckroadservice.com/

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
If you can have the steering angle measured at max deflection, and know the overhang, it becomes either math or drawing a diagram.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My suggestion is to borrow the motorhome, and take it to a shopping mall with a large
empty parking area. Bring some yellow chalk
and the longest tape measure you can find.
Mark the outside of the front RH tire location, turn the motorhome 180 degrees
in a RH turn, and mark the outside tire
location again, and measure the distance
between marks. Repeat the process for a LH
turn. You can spend a lot of time in finding the turning radius for the brand
of chassis that your considering, and the
variation in turning radii from chassis to
chassis can foul you up. The most accurate
method is to measure the actual motorhome,
not try to calculate it. I speak from ex-
perience.

Jake Jacobson

Posts: 69 | Location: Harper Woods, MI, USA | Member Since: 05-06-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post