Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    12v/110v
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

12v/110v
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I just purchased a 1972 barth (25'limited?) it has a progressive dynamics PD 710 converter.When plugged in my 12v system does not work. I SHOOK the coach and the 12v lights would blink on and off. Then it rained and some of the 12v lights turned on. there is a switch back near generator with a glass fuse that has a on and off switch,when the switch is off the 12v works not the 110v and vice versa. I found two (of the probably many) grounds ,cleaned and then replaced with no changes . Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 9 | Location: WEBSTER N.Y. U.S.A. | Member Since: 05-23-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<therealtigger>
posted
jay - I had a similar type of problem with the 12v lights down the right side of my rig. They would work once in a while, but not usually.
I got under the rv with my trusty spray can of electronic cleaner (you can buy this at any electric supply) and sprayed absolutely everything that looked like a wiring connection (and a few that didn't). It worked! Everything is turing off and on correctly at the moment.
It's at least a good place to start and use it on your switch also.

Godd luck - Tigger

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks tigger I will crawl under the beast and spray it all over like you said. Thanks again.

Posts: 9 | Location: WEBSTER N.Y. U.S.A. | Member Since: 05-23-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post