Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    In-Dash Heater
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

In-Dash Heater
 Login now/Join our community

posted
We have a 76 Barth which has a "Thermo-King" under the dash heater and the blower motors are shot. Thermo-King no longer supports these units and am having a heck of time finding a replacement motor anyone with ideas of where to find such a item please respond.

Thanks

Posts: 4 | Location: Omaha | Member Since: 05-01-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted Hide Post
I have a 1972, but I'm not sure if our heaters are the same. One of my heater motors quit working. I went to the local auto parts store and got a replacement motor. It was a little expensive. The shaft was the same size as the old motor so I switched the fan from the old to the new. It was a two speed like the old one and the dia. was the same and it fit in the clamps. Dennis

Posts: 207 | Location: Port Townsend ,Wash USA | Member Since: 11-21-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Can you disassemble the motors?

Quite often a clean and lube is all they need. Maybe a commutator turning. Or the brush springs lose their tension. Even if the brushes are worn, replacements can be found or filed down from a larger size.

[This message has been edited by bill h (edited August 18, 2003).]

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
When I have to replace any type of 12 volt motor I give the local alternator & starter rebuild shop a try. This really is your best bet!

------------------
http://www.truckroadservice.com/

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post