Barthmobile Portal
Zip Dee Awning Repair

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3631087061/m/5773954387

10-22-2014, 09:25 PM
Jim & Barb
Zip Dee Awning Repair
Ed,

Your right about my awning sliding into a grove on the tube. I still need to go to the RV place and pick up the Barth as I am not paying that price for a repair job.
I think ,at the GTG, I was showing you my new awning fabric if I remember right.
I will be trying to find out what brand I have and hope it is as easy as Nick says and as cheap in parts, however I know I will have to have someone help me.
I'm sorry guys - this year Barb & I cannot make it to the GTG. Maybe (if possible-which I doubt)we could drive up for a day visit?
Have fun there and say Hi to all.

Jim

New Info--Oct. 24
Went over to pick up my Barth and talked with the service manager. I found the problem and why it would cost so much to try to repair it. The awning is a Faulkner and has gone out of business,however some parts were still available as Coleman bought them out and called it a Coleman-Faulkner. The problem here is the were used by Winnabago until about 1994? and those parts are also hard to find.
Because it is a Faulkner and 20ft it may have two springs. The service guy did roll it up for me and secured it, however he said don't try to lower it, without help, cause it will come down fast. I can try to find parts or find another awning 20ft from a salvage and put my fabric on it.
For now I am just leaving it alone unless someone has an idea.
I went to one site about installing the parts and it seemed to be a lot more complicated than Nicks.

Jim