Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Fuel tank transfer thing
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Fuel tank transfer thing
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted
I need to replace the thing-mechanism-whatever you call it, that switches fuel supply between the main rear tank and the supplemental mid tank. Two hoses from the rear tank attach to it along with two hoses from the mid tank. Then two hoses go out toward the engine. It has one wire to activate it. I guess Barth installed it when they put the mid tank in. I'm pretty sure GM didn't install it because the mid tank is aluminum and I'm guessing from Barth. Would appreciate help. BTW, why would two hoses go to it from each of the tanks? My son-in-law, the certified airplane mechanic, doesn't understand it at all.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Jim,

Not sure any of this will apply to your set-up, but an in-depth discussion took place awhile back.
It's at:

http://barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3631087061/m/5451033022/p/1

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Jim, can you post a picture of the valve?

You know, .........worth a thousand words?

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Bill, I have a 6-port valve, 4 ports for lines going to/from each of the two fuel tanks and 2 ports for lines going to/from the engine fuel pump. I'm trying to get my mind around the need for lines going to the fuel tanks?? I guess that if there's excess fuel in the fuel pump, it drains back to whichever tank you're using??

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
I'm a little rusty on this, as my present P30 has no engine pump, but I believe the second trio of lines is for the vapor return from the pump to each tank. Without a selectable return that matched the tank selected, the wrong tank could receive the return.

BTW, the vapor return also returns some liquid fuel. I remember someone here had fuel returning to the wrong tank.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post