Barthmobile Portal
Tranmission question from Anvilman

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3631087061/m/5641097061

07-02-2002, 10:18 PM
davebowers
Tranmission question from Anvilman
There is suppose to be a way I can move posts from one topic to another but I don't know how yet, so I just copied this here

Here I am again. What a lot to learn! Whew!
Anyway, My 1994 28 foot Regal supposedly had an ALLISON transmission in it. I can find no ALLISON name on it; it says GM Turbo something or other on the side of the Transmission. Would it say Allison if it were? Also, my transmission guage reads too hot I think. It hit 300 degrees when we went up to Estes Park, CO recently. It was at about 275 after quite a bit of town driving today, with the outside temperature at about 100 Deg F. I would appreciate any input from you "Vets" out there. I wonder if my sending unit could be bad? I never noticed any hot smell while driving it and it seems to work fine and sound OK.

Thanks,

Anvilman

------------------
Shortcuts Always Take Longer

07-08-2002, 01:54 AM
anvilman
Thanks for moving this message, Dave. I should update everyone. I have since determined that I do not have an Allison Transmission. In fact, it is a GM 4 speed. I installed a larger oil cooler in addition to the little one that was there. Also, I had the filter and oil changed and a new sending unit installed. On a recent 2700 mile trip the oil temperature was always at about 180 to 190 while cruising and of course went up while in town or stopped. I think it's fine now. Sometimes it does seem a little confused when down shifting but it settles in after a few seconds. I have decided to run it as is and hopefully it will be fine.

Thanks,

Anvilman