Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Dashboard Switch Identification?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Dashboard Switch Identification?
 Login now/Join our community

FKA: PL77
posted
Since there has been a request for more technical questions, I have a relatively simple one:

What does the green switch at the center of the following picture do? It's not my rig, I just happened to snap a picture of the dash, but I'm curious if it's for a light, or rear camera, or something else...

Also, what function would the battery switch be for? A disconnect of some sort?

Posts: 52 | Member Since: 03-11-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pl77:
What does the green switch at the center of the following picture do? It's not my rig, I just happened to snap a picture of the dash, but I'm curious if it's for a light, or rear camera, or something else...
Looks like an early 80's dash switch for the mirror heaters - this switch looks like it's not mounted correctly or the green cover comes off and you can rotate it.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
Nope! That is identical to my 93 Regency and it is the compartment light switch for your basement storage bays.
Tom

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Same here - basement lights.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks a lot, guys! That was really bugging me.

Bill, on the other side of the steering wheel it did have a similar-looking mirror heater switch, also green.

Sorry I put my second request at the bottom, but can anyone tell me what the red battery switch on the left of that picture would be used for?

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
That's the emergency start switch, which parallels the house batteries with the engine battery in case the latter is too low to crank the engine.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Rusty! Oh, and if you're interested, I got in a conversation with the neighbor of that lonely 40 footer the other day, you remember, the shell from about a year ago. He took me on a bit of a tour of the inside. Not much to see, but maybe someone is interested in what that beast looked like from the inside. If I had to sum it up in a word, that word would be "long".

The first 20 some-odd pictures in this album are the new ones:
More pictures of the 'lonely shell'

Thanks for your help again!

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I tried the link, but it asks for you password...

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

posted Hide Post
Apparently I haven't used photobucket much before.

I've made the album public. It should work now.

Does that mean that none of you could see the pictures in this post?

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pl77:
...you remember, the shell from about a year ago.
I remember... What did the neighbor think of all this? Roll Eyes

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Neighbour was a great guy, middle-aged italian fellow chomping on a big cigar. Said it was supposed to be parked next door to him "for a couple of weeks" nine years ago. He was the one who had started the engine periodically for a few years, but then the owner took the keys because someone wanted to see it or something, and it hasn't started since.

I wander over there once in a while to enjoy a couple of hours of gabbing with the neighbour and see if any new parts have fallen off. The neighbour, upon hearing that I knew the difference between a wrench and ratchet, immediately tried to sell me his non-running chevy panel van. We get along pretty good. Smiler

Inside, unbelievably, there's no sign of any moisture, with the exception of the plywood around the engine bay. It still looks quite good inside, corrosion wise.

It's such a shame, really, but it's doubtful the owner and I will ever agree on a price. Everytime I walk over there I see another part that would need replacing, and the bill just gets bigger. I gave Gillig a shout a while back just for ballpark prices on some parts it would need to get safetied (air bags, slack adjusters, etc), and it was a form of Barth birth control for me...up until that point I had held some romantic hope that it might get on the road at a reasonable price. After hearing back from them I realized that getting it safetied was not going to happen on the cheap.

For the Barth's sake I hope some rich bugger shows up to give it the restoration it deserves, but I'm hardly holding my breath.