Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Dometic 3 way fridge
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Dometic 3 way fridge
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/11
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
Ours had a 12v wire from the ignition switch. If the vehicle ignition was not on the unit would not switch over to run on 12v. It also would not ignite on propane for 15 min after the ignition was switched off to allow for fueling the vehicle without the fridge propane igniting.

Tom & Jillene

1988 Regal
28' Chevy 454
8805-3538-28C-B3

Posts: 190 | Location: Crystal River, FL | Member Since: 08-16-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/10
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin+Doris:
Ours was a Dometic Royale but the model# went with the new owner. First selection was automatic (1st AC if hooked up or genset, 2nd choice gas and 3rd 12V if engine running), second selection was A/C or gas and third button gas only. ALSO 30 MIN time delay to light gaas after running engine.

I have a question. We have a 4 yr old Dometic 3-way automatic type of refrigerator. I could not get it to run on propane. So I replaced the computer. It still won't run on propane.

Soooo.....could it be that the refrigerator will only run on 12v as I drive, 120v while plugged in and on propane otherwise? I could not get it to go on propane while plugged into the house...

Posts: 429 | Location: The Great Midwest | Member Since: 12-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Unplug from house and it should start on gas if "automatic" selected. First button on left.

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post