Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Furnace Return Vent
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Furnace Return Vent
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Our 93 Barth Breakaway has this beautiful louvered wood vent in the hallway for the furnace return air. I would like to remove it and clean behind it, but I can't figure out how it is attached to the wall and I don't want to break it. Any suggestion?

Jim & Anne Dorough
93 Barth Breakaway

Posts: 35 | Location: Livingston, TX, USA | Member Since: 02-11-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
On my Breakaway, it simply pulls out, it is held on by spring loaded clips, two on the top and two on the bottom, you should be able to gently pull it out enought to get a finger or two under the surround and then pull away. If you break the clips, they are available at many RV suppliers including Camping World.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And you were so right. We shold have known. Those little clips are everywhere. Thanks for the help.

Jim & Anne Dorough
93 Barth Breakaway

Posts: 35 | Location: Livingston, TX, USA | Member Since: 02-11-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post