Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    tires
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

tires
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/10
posted
I BOUGHT A 93 BARTH BREAKAWAY, IT HAS 225/70R 19.5 TIRES ON IT.WHEN 1 DRIVE @ 70MPH MY GPS SHOWS I'M ONLY GOING 63 MPH.THERE WERE NEW TIRES ON IT WHEN I BOUGHT IT. I WOULD LIKE TO FIND OUT WHAT SIZE TIRES ARE SUPPOSED TO BE ON IT. I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP I COULD GET.
TIM

Posts: 16 | Location: Lumberton, Mississippi | Member Since: 12-28-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Hi Wrongturn, and welcome to the forum.

Have you looked at the data tag yet? It will have tire and wheel sizes. It is possible that your 225/70s are a little smaller outside diameter than the originals.

While you are there, could you share the other numbers here for our database?

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
I have a 30', '94 breakaway and the standard tires for that are 8R19.5, I had a slight problem with the speedometer calibration even with those, the 225R70 19.5 tires are in fact a bit smaller in diameter so that probably is where your issue is.

Here is a link to my website showing how to reset your speedometer. Follow this and you will be able to set your speedometer to within 1MPH of your GPS reading.

speedometer re-cal

At the bottom of this procedure is link to VDO calibrations spec. This all should get you going.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/10
posted Hide Post
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INPUT, IT IS VERY HELPFUL.WHERE IS THE DATA TAG LOCATED?

Posts: 16 | Location: Lumberton, Mississippi | Member Since: 12-28-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wrongturn2:
WHERE IS THE DATA TAG LOCATED?
Typically it's above you head, behind a curtain rail on the drivers side. It looks like this.

We are looking for a group of numbers that, in your case, should begin with 92xx or 93xx. In the above example, this number is 8908-0128-40RDS-C1

Also, do you have a few pictures of your coach that you can share. My email address is bill_ny@barthmobile.com

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Hi wrongturn2,

When I put new rear tires on my coach, I went from an 80 series Michelin to a 70 series Toyo. Michelin is the only maker of the 80 series and I didn't want Michelins. Because the 70 series tire is slightly smaller, my odometer is no longer accurate. I didn't loose much in fuel mileage, but gained in torque while accelerating. This has actually worked out better since the coach was sluggish before changing tires. I like the new set up better and don't really bother with the speed. I know that my odometer is about 4 miles per hour slower that what the odometer reads.

Bill G

Bill & Georgene Goodwin
92 (Feb.) Regency 36ft
300hp Cummins
Gillig Chassis (1990 build date)
2014 Honda CRV toad
10Kw Power Tech Gen w/ Kubota diesel engine
Can accomodate Barth visitor with advance notice

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
"I know that my odometer is about 4 miles per hour slower that what the odometer reads.I know that my odometer is about 4 miles per hour slower that what the odometer reads."

Bill, isn't that's what GPS data is for? Smiler

Posts: 1068 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post