Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    visor for Barth
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

visor for Barth
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Here is a post I found from a few days ago,

Don
'84 Regal 28

PS: One more thing....
Does anyone know of a source for a metal or fiberglass exterior windshild sunvisor, similar to those seen on 18 wheeler cabs, and which might be adapted to the '84 Barth Regal? It could serve several purposes, including hiding the ugly rubber seal at top of windshild. If done right, it should look pretty cool and be functional.

Did anyone ever get info or know anything about the possibility... I had the same want for my 84 Regal.

Thanks,

Sam

Posts: 14 | Location: Minot, ND USA | Member Since: 02-16-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sam,
I have tried every "KEYWORD" I could think of doing a "Google" search for 18 wheeler cab "sun deflectors" (exterior visors) and have come up empty handed. I searched sites for new, old, salvaged, restoration, etc.
All I can turn up is the space-age looking crap for pimp mobile SUVs and such.
I guess we'll have to just start eyeballing the salvage yards unless someone here can put us on a good link.
Don

Posts: 130 | Location: Hattiesburg, MS, USA | Member Since: 08-31-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well Don looks like I might have to research the designs and fab a couple just for us. My son in law is a trucker and I'm an Engineer/machinist, I'll see what I come up with and post when things come together. : )
Thanks for the reply.

Posts: 14 | Location: Minot, ND USA | Member Since: 02-16-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
She who must be obeyed
and
me, Ensign 3rd crass
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
These guy have some. Look under "gangster visor" in google. Hey I do not name the darn things, I just know where to look them up.

http://www.atwchrome.com/php/d.php?command=section§ion=extaccfreight.html

Timothy

[This message has been edited by timnlana (edited March 21, 2005).]

Posts: 282 | Location: Studio City, California | Member Since: 02-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
A google search for "truck visors" will give you a ton of references, but all, including Timothy's suggestion are for specific applications.

Timothy's website has applications for Peterbilt & Kenworth trucks. The design appears simple and straightforward, perhaps not too difficult to duplicate.

It would be a miracle if one could be directly applied to a Barth. Of course, most Barths seem to use Chevy truck windshields, so a miracle could happen.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://www.drycreekrun.com/S%20S%20VISOR.JPG

Don heres an example of one that fits a cab over, very close to our application... I'll keep looking. Thanks all for the links and search ideas.

Sam