Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Sealand 511 Traveler Toilet Rebuild
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Sealand 511 Traveler Toilet Rebuild
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Bones
posted
I finally was forced into overhauling the toilet. I wanted to snap some pictures but my wife was breathing down my neck on this one. She will work around about anything except a toilet not working.

I had the usual problem of the bowl not holding water. The other issue was the flush lever was very sloppy. You are supposed to be able to fill the bowl by pulling up on the handle and pushing down will flush. Well mine wouldn't fill by pulling up since the lever was so loose. This was caused by a cracked weld on the ring that the lever pivots on. Over time the ring started to spread apart. Clamping it in a vise to squeeze the ends of the ring back together and welding it solved the problem.

I replace the floor flange seal, teflon/rubber seals and water valve. Cowboys RV Mart in Lake Havasu City had all the parts I needed and welded the lever for me.

The toughest part of the job was getting the lime like deposits off the bottom of the china bowl flange that sits on the top of the rubber seal. CLR would not touch it. It didn't seem to even react to it. I had to hit it with the Dremel and a wire wheel. After some chipping and polishing, I finally got a smooth finish and a good seal.

Two days and no leaks the the toilet functions as intended. All systems are nominal once again.

Regal 25 built in 1989
1985 P-30 chassis
454 TH400

Posts: 212 | Location: Somewhere in the SW | Member Since: 03-06-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I have to battle deposits here all the time because my well water is so hard. Lime-Away works very well.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post