Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Air Bags..HELP!!
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Air Bags..HELP!!
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of M&M
posted
Our 1990 REGENCY 40' /325 HP Cummins turbo diesel w/Allison Transmission has been in the shop for the past week for new air bags. There having trouble finding the right replacements. Any help and info. will be greatly appreciated.

------------------
M&M Largo,FL
90 Regency DP 40'

Posts: 33 | Location: Largo, FL,US | Member Since: 08-22-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Air bags for the suspension should have a number on the rubber part of the bag. Why are they replacing both of your bags anyway? Have they removed them yet? If you bring the bag down to ANY truck parts house they can look it up, THAT IS your best bet.

It may be a Firestone # W01-358-8931 This shows up on the John Deere Chassis

It may also be one of these...

OEM | OEM Part No. | Firestone Part No.
NEWAY | 90057057 | W01-358-5412

OSHKOSH | n/a | W01-358-8010

OSHKOSH | RX0803 | W01-358-9269

Go to this website and have your mechanic take a quick course on how to figure it out for himself

http://www.firestoneindustrial.com/Aftermarket/index.htm

Use the sidebar to get to the area he wants.

What kind of chassis is in your Barth? Do you know what suspension?

Goodluck and tell us which one it is!

------------------
http://www.truckroadservice.com/

[This message has been edited by Bill (edited November 02, 2005).]

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello, Did you find replacement air bags for your coach? Please let me know. I am having trouble finding them for mine. KEN

kenpartney@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 21 | Location: Oak View, Ca. | Member Since: 09-23-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill N.Y.:
Air bags for the suspension should have a number on the rubber part of the bag. Why are they replacing both of your bags anyway? Have they removed them yet? If you bring the bag down to ANY truck parts house they can look it up, THAT IS your best bet.

It may be a Firestone # W01-358-8931 This shows up on the John Deere Chassis

It may also be one of these...

NEWAY | 90057057 | W01-358-5412

OSHKOSH | n/a | W01-358-8010

OSHKOSH | RX0803 | W01-358-9269

Go to this website and have your mechanic take a quick course on how to figure it out for himself

http://www.firestoneindustrial.com/Aftermarket/index.htm

Use the sidebar to get to the area he wants.

What kind of chassis is in your Barth? Do you know what suspension?

Goodluck and tell us which one it is!

------------------
http://www.truckroadservice.com/

[This message has been edited by Bill (edited November 02, 2005).]

The Firestone link is not working for me.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bill h:
The Firestone link is not working for me.
I'm not surprised... That link is 2 years old.

Bill N.Y.

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
post moved to tag axle air bag topic.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
When I had our bus we ordered air bags from Mohawk Bus part in the Chicago area. If you know your chassis model they may be able to help you. They were a lot cheaper than most sources.

mohawkmfg.com

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1187 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post