Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    vacuum and emissions systems
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

vacuum and emissions systems
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
posted
Does anyone know where I can get detailed information on the vacuum lines and the emission systems? I have an 87 454 33 ft.
I am slowly trying to restore. Runs great but the air pump was disconnected when I got it and I would like to bring it up to speed.
Thanks, Lloyd

Posts: 126 | Location: New Bedford, Mass. | Member Since: 07-22-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted Hide Post
I brought my air pump up to date-----I took it out------Charles

Posts: 63 | Location: Winona Lake, IN | Member Since: 04-18-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
The best thing would be for an 87 owner to send you a digital photograph.

If no one steps up, I can send you a picture of the hose routing sticker from my 84. It may or may not be the same. Mine is a single AIR pump system.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
posted Hide Post
Charles, I am really tempted to do the same for I have not been able to find any real info on restoring these AIR and VACUUM systems to the factory specs. What did you remove and where does it stop? Any suggestions? I do want to keep this running as clean as possible. I think a planned TUNED engine will run cleaner than something that is half removed/functioning. Thanks Lloyd

Posts: 126 | Location: New Bedford, Mass. | Member Since: 07-22-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted Hide Post
I cut each air tube off at the manifold fitting [I was never going to get those rusted fittings out]and then pluced the hole, removed the pump and installed a shorter drive belt. Charles

Posts: 63 | Location: Winona Lake, IN | Member Since: 04-18-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post