Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Totally Unsolicited Advice
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Totally Unsolicited Advice
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Yes, indeed, I made several trips to Wood River (even had several sessions with none other than Charley Brown his ownself).

We used to give out the blotter to customers - there were about 20 little circles per page, punched for notebooks so records for every vehicle could be kept.

You and I were there about the same time - I recall sessions from '69 through '72. For some reason I ended up being the field "expert" on gas turbines, because one utility used LM 2500s for power-peaking, and another used a cobbed-together piece that used two grounded J57s as gas generators...I guess at the time those were the only gas turbines in the country used for power peaking, which is how I got to be the "expert".

I don't even know if straight Rotella is still being made...

IMHO, synthetics don't have much use in diesels, because the additive package is depleted long before the base stock is affected.

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post