Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Headliner Sagging
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Headliner Sagging
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/16
Picture of Quinn
posted
1989 28' Regal, 454, P-30

My headliner is sagging:

On the left and right side, there is plywood above the headliner, but nothing in the center. There are four screws that need to go somewhere (one is there on the left but didn't show up in the pic):

My question is what do the screws bite into? Is there something up there between the windshield and roof? Or is it missing? I don't want to just push the headliner up and start turning the screws just hoping they bite the right thing...

Posts: 235 | Location: San Leandro, California | Member Since: 08-06-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/16
Picture of Kirk & Elise
posted Hide Post
Any way to get photos from the inside?

1989 22' Regal

Posts: 183 | Location: Northwestern PA | Member Since: 06-14-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quinn
posted Hide Post
It's possible but not quickly. Right now the rv is a half hr away at storage.

The thing is, you can't really tell it's sagging from from the inside. The overhead console hides everything, too. What would I be looking for?

Posts: 235 | Location: San Leandro, California | Member Since: 08-06-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/16
Picture of Kirk & Elise
posted Hide Post
Okay, I understand better now. Yours is different than mine... I do not have any headliner that close to the windscreen... it's all cabinetry up front.

If I am seeing from the photo correctly, it looks as though the two long screws hold that thin panel against the thicker panels and they in turn are held tight against the top. I can't tell from the pics whether this would work, but I've made a diagram (of sorts) below that explains what I would try first.

photo pic1_zps18484984.jpg

1989 22' Regal

Posts: 183 | Location: Northwestern PA | Member Since: 06-14-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quinn
posted Hide Post
Ya, I'll have to get one of those mirrors. Maybe one with a light, too. It's a looong stretch over the dash, and I'm not too comfortable putting all my weight on it.