Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Antenna Replacement
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Antenna Replacement
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted
As you may have seen in my post about the roof, I'm going to replace the antenna and found this antenna that would be both a satellite dish and an antenna in one. Anyone used one or have any thoughts on this product?
Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I contemplated that one until I got a steal on a satellite dome. Two friends that have them like the convenience of not having to pop a dish onto an external tripod (both did that before upgrading). I guess reception is satisfactory on both satellite and broadcast; at least both were pleased with the system.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
I have that on my coach and it works fine. I converted it to HDTV and am still working out the kinks. You might consider Winegards' Trav'lr that is crank up and HD if you are getting a new one. If you search the web blogs you will see lots of people are not happy with the Dome type.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Tom, I would want to be able to receive HD. Have already installed a 20" wide screen hd tv. What did you have to do to change yours?
Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/12
Picture of ZIM
posted Hide Post
Well i bought a refurb in-motion kingdome thats refurbed by the original manufacturer for the great price of $950.00. it came with everything i needed, the cables, satellite selector box, ect. it's the best buy i made. you can't beat the price. and for the one's that are not in motion the price is $450.00-$595.00. i am very satisfied with this dome. it can use either directv or dishnet. everyone has a preference,but the price was the driver in this purchase...OH also capable of recieving HD...

ZIM

Posts: 61 | Location: Pennsylvania | Member Since: 06-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I have the KVH R5 (in-motion dome), but I don't use it in motion. I won't tell what I paid for it...Big Grin It can also receive HD with a different receiver.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/12
Picture of ZIM
posted Hide Post
AH, Rusty must have one of those "special" electronic stores that he shops in.. maybe one day he will share with the rest of us here...lol.. but ya really cant beat the picture quality.. oh they also can lock onto Bev sats (canadien) too...great for sat testers without the dish farms....they also sell an igloo cooler (6-pack )size or little bigger, gyro that is portable that u can carry anywhere u want to get tv without the hassles...just hookup ,turn on and it locks onto sat in seconds..very user friendly.
anyone who wants info on the above can just pm me.

ZIM

Posts: 61 | Location: Pennsylvania | Member Since: 06-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post