Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    propane flow problem
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

propane flow problem
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Hi, My 93 Breakaway has in the past and again the other day, seems to lose propane to the water heater, finally figured it was not getting any propane, turned on stove, let it burn a few minutes, then water heater is ok for a few more trips, anyone help me out with this one. Thanks, Joe Shepherd

Posts: 13 | Location: Fayetteville, Ga. 30215 USA | Member Since: 07-23-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of flashnyellow
posted Hide Post
My 85 does the same thing. I light the stove and burn for several minutes before igniting the hot water heater. I shut the valve at the tank while not using it. I'm guessing the propane leaks out the line and air replaces it. Also it takes a while to light the stove at first.

------------------
Ronnie
1985 28' P-30 454

Posts: 61 | Location: Lafayette, LA USA | Member Since: 12-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Every RV I have had since the 60's has been that way. I usually wait for the stove to light well before I even try to light the fridge or water heater.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
I second Bill's comment. No matter how well your system is sealed, when the tank is turned off for any length of time, the propane in the lines will dissipate.

The gas flow to the fridge is miniscule compared to the stove. Try to start it without refilling the lines, and you'll grow old before it starts. The HWH flows a little more, but not a lot, & it's usually located further from the tank.

My first step before trying to light the fridge or the HWH is to light all 4 burners on the stove, then quickly shut them off. Overkill perhaps, but I know for sure i've gotten all the air out of the lines.

[This message has been edited by olroy (edited April 27, 2005).]

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post