Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    spring air bags
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

spring air bags
 Login now/Join our community

posted
where to find new air bags, I found left front had a leak.also where in midwest to have install. an what to expect to pay?THank you for the information on air pressure, I have a l979 30 foot Barth, 454 engine. I am wondering if air bags will be better than air shocks on the front? Thanks for any help! James and Helen

Posts: 29 | Location: Alton Mo. | Member Since: 05-16-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Carl Flack>
posted
Bugman: My front air bags were installed by a major truck shop(only one in Southwest FL.) Parts $167.89
Labor $ 74.00
Shop supplies 3.70 (they love to add this)
Tax $ 14.74
Total $260.33

The rear bags was a miss mash of a whole ton
of things and a LOT of labor, totaling
$1,021.13. When Dave Bowers said "have five grand handy" he wasn't kidding. Had I been able to do most of the work myself it would
have been cheaper, but my lack of a place to work(code won't permit your driveway)and my knowledge was limited. So I'm spending my
50 year old kid's inheritance money I feel my coach was in better than average condition when we bought it last November and maybe I've gone "overboard" (Iwon't list
all the other goodies)but I sure love my Barth. Just envy the next owner, he wont have a thing to do. Now here's the kicker, we haven't had our first weekend trip. As they say in the movies, "Happy Trails".

THE TOY 1988 33' Regal SE Coach #3448

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
www.campingworld.com may be your best deal.

http://www.campingworld.com/browse/products/index.cfm?p...45&src=SRCH&tcode=37

Unfortunately folks there isn't a Camping World in MO, because they are always having $5 installatiion specials but I think this is the best deal on the hardware, (or soft rubberware) $68.00 plus shipping

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dave I will order a set today from campworld. I can put them on myself.I have ten acre yard @ live in hills.no codes here, I allways have a project going on.I do use my motor home, I had a pacearrow before, the barth is much better built. this one has been setting for seven years when I bought it. this is the best wedsight for help on barths. so many fellow owners who try to help. thanks again, James

Posts: 29 | Location: Alton Mo. | Member Since: 05-16-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post