Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Antifreeze change
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Antifreeze change
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/14
Picture of Jerry Jelsing
posted
I have been thinking of changing the antifreeze out on our Barth we bought in May. I do not know when the last time it has been changed and am wondering the procedure of getting all the lines that run thru the coach drained and then the air purged out again when you fill it. This is a 91 regency with a Cat 3208TA. So it has the heater up front in the dash, a heater in the rear bedroom area, and a water compartment heater also, and the lines that run to the water heater. Any help on speeding up my learning curve on this would be great!

Posts: 88 | Location: Green Valley AZ | Member Since: 10-31-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
There is a standard faucet drain at the front dash heater unit. It is mounted against the firewall. My 93 also has a drain at the water heater in the compartment where the 12v ump is located. The others should drain if you open the lowest point of the radiator system which is the coolant filter on the drivers side of the engine behind the side mounted radiator.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/14
Picture of Jerry Jelsing
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tom,
I have seen the valve on the firewall, but have not seen one near the pump or water heater. There is one near the engine, between the engine and side mounted radiator, and is high near the valve cover. I guess I need to start following lines and see what I can find.
Jerry

Posts: 88 | Location: Green Valley AZ | Member Since: 10-31-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post