Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Accident Ratings?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Accident Ratings?
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/16
posted
Happy 4th, Everyone-

Does anyone have any or know of any data how Barths hold up in accidents compared to SOBs?

Thanks-

Posts: 77 | Location: IN | Member Since: 09-30-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
I hope a riveted aircraft aluminum will hold up better than a stick and staple coach. I also do not want to find out first hand.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/23
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted Hide Post
might peruse this google search..

http://www.google.com/search?q...GXh4KHd3OBz8QBQgRKAA

Mike W

Posts: 426 | Location: Coachella Valley, SoCalif... | Member Since: 08-23-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Being from a aircraft wrangling family (commercial aviation), there's no doubt in the integrity of the Barth construction.
This is one reason we got ours.
I was just wondering if anyone had this (accident data) info for the Barth specifically.
Thanks, Mike, for the link-
Kevin-let your mind be at ease...Wink

Posts: 77 | Location: IN | Member Since: 09-30-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
There's a story from an original Barth employee that Bob Barth rolled one of his first trailers out of the shop and had a wrecking ball dropped on it to show the integrity.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
They did not build enough BarTh coaches smash them in to walls like the big three auto makers.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
I recall, possibly without lucidity, a B'mobiler had a serious accident and rolled the coach. Pretty sure it resulted in a windshield problem. All walked away but I think driver was limping. I think this was west of the Rockies toward the 4 Corners maybe 2003? Rusty, help my memory. Tim

Posts: 1068 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Motorhomes aren't subject to collision evaluation - on I-70 westbound in MO, I saw the remnants of an SOB spread over several hundred yards.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Still looking but this is one of the posts I remember, https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...061/m/8711055603/p/1

Posts: 1068 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for the thoughts and comments-
I just couldn't help but wonder since Winnebago did suggest a test of sorts in one of their 1982 promo brochures. See: http://winnebagoind.com/resour...MinnieWinnie-bro.pdf
BTW-we have the 1982 Winnebago 621 Class C featured in this brochure; one of the few with a all aluminum smooth body. They only made these for 3 years
One runs across articles and discussion of the various SOB's performances and durabilities or lack of so had to wonder/had to ask!!!
Again, thanks to all-

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/09
Picture of Lance Walton
posted Hide Post
This accident occurred just North of us five years ago. It wasn't a Barth but the construction of this bus is very similar. The coach was completely destroyed but the couple in it walked away from it.

American Eagle Accident

Lance & Sue Walton
Previous owner of a
1993 38ft Regency
Cummins 6CTA8.3 300HP
Allison MD3060 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Loveland, CO

Posts: 229 | Location: Loveland, CO | Member Since: 06-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post