Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Roof treatments
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Roof treatments
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Well, we have achieved our first goal of getting our 72 Barth roadworthy. Now I need to find out what to put on the roof. I have read quite a bit on the subject, but it is all confusing. What should I use to coat the roof? The current stuff is flaking and peeling.
Any help will be appreciated. Roy

Posts: 7 | Location: Elizabethtown, KY | Member Since: 12-17-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Roy,

Here's a start:

https://www.barthmobile.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000452.html

Great stuff.....(Wear NO clothes or use NO tools that you want to keep afterwards...!)

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
https://www.barthmobile.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000146.html

Here is another thread on the subject...

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
I used Liquid Roof/Rubber before I knew about Anvil. Installing new fans and vents on my Barth allowed me to appreciate how tenacious Anvil is, even after almost 20 years. With that knowledge, I would recommend Anvil as highly as Liquid Rubber/Roof unless you have large gaps.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
ditto on the liquid roof - not cheap though

the best price I found was :
http://www.jnkproducts.com/liquid_roof.htm

free shipping was a plus..

------------------
Russell and Donna
1988 33' Barth Regal
Gibson Exhaust, Bilsteins, ipd sway bar

Posts: 136 | Location: overland park,ks,usa | Member Since: 08-20-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Good info, Russell,

The Manufacturer's site shows 5 gal at $185, PLUS shipping for Liquid Rubber......

The JNK Products site shows 5 gal. at $319, shipping INCLUDED, for Liquid Roof......

That leaves about $124 for freight....If I recall, I think I paid about $35 to get a bucket from PA to DC......

Summary: It's virtually the same product, so play the numbers game on shipping costs to your location to determine the best delivered price.......

Whatever you pay, the peace-of-mind for a no-leaker, spread over a useful life of a decade or so, makes the product a real value.

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
I ordered the 4 gallon size and it covered my 33 footer. I never looked for liquid rubber and found this site to offer the best price on liquid roof. Happy searching..

------------------
Russell and Donna
1988 33' Barth Regal
Gibson Exhaust, Bilsteins, ipd sway bar

Posts: 136 | Location: overland park,ks,usa | Member Since: 08-20-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post