Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    "I Love This Baaaaarth"
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

"I Love This Baaaaarth"
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/08
Picture of Cabinetguy
posted
This past weekend,I had the best time ever in our coach since we bought it. Despite two blowouts,both on the drivers rear, and a koehler generator that starts but won't run. This is the first REAL trip we have taken (took our grandaughter floating @ Dawt Mill Missouri) She held her own in the wind and drove like a pickup.The blowouts slapped the %$#&@ outta the rear compartment, my dual exhaust is a little crimped, and it broke a stabalizer bracket. It was only a thing we overcame. Learned to put new tennis shoes on her no matter how they look. Shields Up Any comments?

1998 29' widebody
454 Chevy chassis

Posts: 85 | Location: West Des Moines Iowa | Member Since: 10-06-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
We'd like to know the brand, age, and condition of the tires that blew. I'm going to take a wild stab at it and guess Continentals.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/08
Picture of Cabinetguy
posted Hide Post
Sorry, but I am only sure of condition. Blown Up. I do think I heard mention from one mechanic about Generals though. The rest are Michelen, Yokahama,and Goodyear. I know, quite a mixed bag. But take heart, The seller said they were new used tires.(ha ha)My Good Sam club was of very little help. New r-19,s are @ $250 X 3 we bought a spare. Thats another post though. Sorry

1998 29' widebody
454 Chevy chassis

Posts: 85 | Location: West Des Moines Iowa | Member Since: 10-06-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Kris & Tina Jones
posted Hide Post
The Continentals have a bad rep Danny?

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Just on a personal basis. My buddy Don had a set put on his F-350. The right rear self destructed on I-75 causing over 2000 bucks damage to the truck. They replaced it and the new one went within a thousand miles. Conti said something must be wrong with the truck and wouldn't fix the damage from the second blowout. He switched out to another brand [not sure], and hasn't had any more trouble for 4 years or so. He and I have both run into other folks with similar stories. The problem seams to be that when they go, they disintegrate all at once and completely.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post