Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    LP valve issue
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

LP valve issue
 Login now/Join our community

"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted
1984 Regal, 25 ‘on P chassis. LP valve is leaking around threads when opened. Does anyone have experience with these valves? Do they have packing like water valves? Can it be repaired easily? Any experience on what to do with the half of tank of LP currently stored in the tank? Thoughts/ ideas/ experience this before?

Posts: 175 | Location: Edgewood, KY, USA | Member Since: 08-26-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Cropper:
Any experience on what to do with the half of tank of LP currently stored in the tank?

Mike:
Sounds like you need to have a catfish fry or a crawfish boil. Without a pump, trying to syphon it off to another tank won't work to well, as it will only equalize pressure in both tanks.
We have always used the old white thread dope on LP fittings until teflon tape came along. Even used bar soap in the olden days.
Seeing as how this thing could be a potential roadside IED, I would suggest taking it by you local LP distributor as they will have what you need and be glad to help, usually.

don

Posts: 130 | Location: Hattiesburg, MS, USA | Member Since: 08-31-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
Catfish fry sounds good. We'll need a little red wine an onion, a little more red wine,....As Justin would have said.

Posts: 175 | Location: Edgewood, KY, USA | Member Since: 08-26-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/16
Picture of coaster48
posted Hide Post
When you mention RED WINE I think a lot of people will respond! Forget the onion. The topic of Merlot will bring back past memories on a previous thread !

Posts: 93 | Location: Sechelt,B.C. Canada | Member Since: 03-17-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RED WINE??? YUM!!!

You all should have a Barth rally in the Oregon Wine country and do a wine tasting through all of the wineries, we have some faboulas Pinot's! Once I get a Barth I would lead the pack as I love reds and trying new wines!

Jeff

Posts: 37 | Location: Salem, Oregon, USA | Member Since: 06-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Is there any place where they don't make wine? We have a number of wineries here in Florida, and I remember south Michigan having bragging rights to some high quality vineyards, and of course New York State produces some of the finest. Anybody have a local favorite we should know about?

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post