Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    barth mcc interior 120volt wiring
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

barth mcc interior 120volt wiring
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Anybody have anything to share on the ac wiring of their coach?
I have a 82 Barth MCC and there is only the bedroom and bath 120volt circuit that works.
I am an electrician [industrial] and found that the wiring materials used are the same as in your house or an FMC. A nonmetalic insulated solid conductor cable. {generic term romex or NM}.
This should have been a flexible stranded conductor marine version of the same stuff.
I am at a loss as to how to approach repair,new wiring fed up from underneath the coach?
Rip out the inner skin of the walls?

Posts: 5 | Location: Arlington,Washington | Member Since: 08-14-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
As variable as Barth coaches are in general, I think the wiring is perhaps the most variable of all.

Some are documented with ALL wires RED. Between pushers and pullers, some have electric heat, inverters, generators, solar, etc. You never know what you will find. Some of the later ones had quick connects in the 110 circuits that are known to smoke.

Some owners have ripped out wall or ceilings to repair and upgrade. Personally, I would be tempted to run 110 from below with some conduit, etc.

All of my 12v coach wiring is stranded, but I too have some solid romex type in some 110 circuits. Good luck chasing your electrical gremlins. Keep us updated with any clever tricks! mechanic

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5195 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bergie:
Anybody have anything to share on the ac wiring of their coach?

What vin# is your MCC?
MINE IS #28...
AND check this out--

MOTOR COACH RESTORATION
Christopher HOAGLAND
116 W.Prairie St-Broadwell,IL62634
800-786-1536 or 217-735-1536
Fax: 217-735-3119

Chris is the guru for MCC...they bought the rights to MCC motor coach from Barth!
Leave a message he will call you back...

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hello mr. smiley

my vin. # is 0023

I haven"t talked to Chris in a long time.

After his dad passed away he gave me the impression he was was working his coveralls off to keep from going under.

I do need to talk to him about a taller ring and pinion.The one I have is to close to the governor stop at 60 mph to suit me.

Will see if he calls me back if he might have a sale to make.

Posts: 5 | Location: Arlington,Washington | Member Since: 08-14-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
Chris has a FedEX area and has trucks on those routes and that is his main focus. The MCC is just a sideline...

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FordGuy62
posted Hide Post
Hey Bergie, I'm just down the road from you a piece. What are the odds of two MCC/Barths within 20 miles of each other?

Posts: 40 | Location: Washington State | Member Since: 09-19-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi ford guy.

I knew that there was somebody else around here, I picked up some info from someplace but never made any progress in location.

My vin# 0023mcc35a

I picked up my coach in Mount Vernon.

Try a phone call 1 360 435 2332

Bergie