Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    fuel tank or tanks
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

fuel tank or tanks
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted
I WAS WALKING AROUND THE MH TODAY AND SAW FUEL FILLER ON EACH SIDE , THAT MEAN TWO TANKS OR ONE?
IF TWO HOW DOES THE FUEL GET FROM ONE TANK TO THE OTHER?ALSO HOW DO YOU FILL THE TANK OR TANKS? YOU CAN TELL I AM VERY NEW AT MOTOR HOMES ALL WAYS TRAILER.
LENNY

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Perhaps you have two tanks? If so, there would be a switch on the dash to transfer from one tank to the other.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
More than likely it is one tank that can be filled from either side of the coach. This is fairly common on many of the diesel pushers.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
Picture of Curtis H.
posted Hide Post
This is a little off the topic, but does anyone know what these two doors access?

I believe the front one is to the full tank, however I'm not sure about the back one? The weird thing is that you cannot open it with the awning up. I didn't have a time to check it out, but I figure you guys will know!

Any ideas? Also, why would it be put behind the awning like that?

Curtis

"The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches but to reveal to him his own." Benjamin Disraeli

Posts: 99 | Location: Rochester, MI | Member Since: 10-08-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
How about fresh water fill spout? Mine is in roughly the same place. Used to fill the fresh water holding tanks if you don't want to do it through the hose fitting on the other side.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curtis H.:
This is a little off the topic, but does anyone know what these two doors access?

I can't think of anything but fuel or water. You will be able to tell by looking.

quote:
Any ideas? Also, why would it be put behind the awning like that?

Perhaps a previous owner wanted the max awning, no matter what. You are fortunate to have such a long awning. They pretty much maxxed it out for the length of the coach.

Does the lower end of your awning arm detach? Mine does. Perhaps you could retrofit some hardware if it doesn't.

Places that replace awnings usually have piles of old arms and rollers lying around waiting for the scrap man.

Nice plow.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Curtis H.
posted Hide Post
I thought water at first, but then I found the water hook-up on the other side. Maybe like Jim and Tere said though, it is just another way to fill the tank. So I guess that's it.

Like Bill H. said, I too cannot think of wah else besides fuel or water that it could be!

As far as the awning goes, I'm not sure if the arm detaches or not, I'll have to look into it. I think for the little bit of trouble it might cause when filling up the water, that the larger awning will worth it!

Haha, thanks for the comment about the plow. As you might be able to tell, it really gets A LOT of use!

"The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches but to reveal to him his own." Benjamin Disraeli

Posts: 99 | Location: Rochester, MI | Member Since: 10-08-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Curtis, I've seen this arrangement on other 28' Regals with long awnings. I guess Barth didn't anticipate an awning that long. Go inside to the very back of your Barth and you should be able to see where that door leads to.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't put anything in either one until you know exactly what they are for. Smiler

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted Hide Post
thanks guess when I fill up I will find out.I will just use both AND SEE
LENNY

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Nick is probably right but I would want to make sure before I filled up. Can you lie under the Barth and follow the pipe that is attached to the opening?

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
Believe me, you do not want to end up with water in your fuel tank or fuel in your water tank.!!!!!

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/09
Picture of Jeff & Joy
posted Hide Post
Just ran out and checked ours....Potable water. There is a faded blue sticker. Hope this helps. Smiler

Posts: 144 | Location: wolverine, michigan | Member Since: 07-24-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
A gasoline fill looks just like a car or light truck fill.

A water fill is usually molded plastic with a lighter cap and a visible vent. Quite often, it will have "Water" molded into it, and it will look like what you are used to seeing on the trailers you have owned. If you post pictures here, that will help.

Below is a picture of what mine has (painted to match, of course). It has very rounded corners and edges. The gas filler door is like the cargo doors, welded up by Barth of mitered aluminum channel with aluminum skin and a riveted Z-channel surround. (0 degree corners. So, perhaps a little closer look might tell you something.

Or, stick a clear vinyl tubing down in and siphon up the contents for a sniff test.

Can you crawl underneath and look at the tubing leaving the tank? Fuel line is usually black rubber or metal. Water is usually plastic, most likely gray in your year....The fill hose for water is usually corrugated and white or clear. The fill hose for gas is usually black rubber and/or steel.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Curtis H.
posted Hide Post
In about a month I'll be able to check it out and find out for sure whats what. I think you all are right about the back one being water though. I should be able to tell right when I open up the door and see what type of cap/filler it is.