Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    water leaks
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

water leaks
 Login now/Join our community

posted Hide Post
I had a very similar leak .Wet floor driver compartment. The water was coming in under theblack plastic thim on thetop sideseam cover trim meatel throu a hole that had been drilled in .It would run in down the inside of the wall and come out on floor under new carpet. plued hole with pop rivet and sealer raplaced plastic trim . Keep fingers crosed no more leaks.

------------------
1975 mod25

Posts: 11 | Location: Iola,Ks. Allen | Member Since: 11-10-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Let me be the first to welcome you "paulwnance" to barthmobile.com

Tell us a little bit about you and your Barth Custom Coach.

------------------
http://www.truckroadservice.com/

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill:
Let me be the first to welcome you "paulwnance" to barthmobile.com

Tell us a little bit about you and your Barth Custom Coach.

Posts: 11 | Location: Iola,Ks. Allen | Member Since: 11-10-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well try again.Our Barth is a1975 model25 on a p30 chassis.Looks about like the 73 propane Barth onpage14 in gallery photos but needs paint.We went to Oregon to get it.Bought it off Ebay in 03 .I have removed all doors and repaired&refinshed them .Bilt new cabinet over stove for covet.oven replaced all water lines& fresh water tank .removed all carpet and put carpet in driver comparment and oak parkay flooring on rest of floor. Replaced awning last mounth. going to get new mattres I had made tommrow. I am in prosses of removing several layers of dirt roof coating now when weather perments. Oyes We went fishing quitabit this summer to . also making new covers for the hamond roof vents. if the mold works should be able to supply some if wanted by others. I pull our cj jeep&a 17.6ft. boat when going to lake been knowing to stay there four 30 days or better . drove truck four 37 years now it is my time to get in there way.

------------------
1975 mod25

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Hope you have fun. I got a 91 Barth class A Oshkosh/John Deere w/ 460 Ford EFI 33 foot. I have done alot to get her ready.

If you have any questions on your Barth give us a shout as we are happy to help out. The one thing that's a constant on your Barth is "no 2 are alike"

Take care and thanks for the 411 on your Barth.

------------------
http://www.truckroadservice.com/

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Danny, you mentioned that water will leave a trail as to where it is coming from, well that is the most frustrating part of this dilema. The ceiling in my Euro is a thin vinyl like material, white in color, which I am positive I could see if water was passing over or under it. Also the side walls are covered with a thick vinyl, brown in color, which I would not be able to see water behind, so I would see it if it was in the ceiling and would not if it is in the wall. So you say well then it must be in the wall dummy! but if it is in the wall and not the ceiling the only options are the passengers window or the door, both of which seem to be sealed up nicely.

Posts: 24 | Location: Sagle ID USA | Member Since: 06-13-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I found my water leak by runing a small trickel of water on roof in area of leak when the stream got smaller that is were I started looking. Just a small stream!

------------------
1975 mod25