Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    wall switches
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

wall switches
 Login now/Join our community

"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/11
Picture of Jim & Barb
posted
In the bathroom are two double wall plate switches.
#1 for the lights, #2 for the water pump, #3 ??? , #4 for the fan.
I have checked it out and there is no current to #3 and no reason it should be there ( all are 12 volt). There is one lead on the top post and two leads on the bottom post of it.

As I said I can't find out why or where it could have gone. I am thinking of taking the wire off it and taping them and removing the switch and putting a blank plate over it.

Anyone know what it could have been for??

Thanks, Jim
85 Barth 35' Regency MCC chassis side entrance
8.2T 225hp Detroit Diesel Allison 4 spd

Posts: 457 | Location: Port Charlotte Florida USA | Member Since: 06-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Two WAGs:

1. Shower light
2. FW tank heater (to prevent freezing).

You say there's "no current" going to #3...by that, do you mean no voltage shows up with a meter?

Two leads could signify a "two-way" switch, and there's no voltage because the other associated switch is off.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/10
posted Hide Post
Do you have a light in your shower?
The switch on mine would turn on that light, but if you have a shower light be aware that it probably has a switch on the light itself so if you check it: flip your wall switch on and then flip the switch on the light in the shower itself, after you make sure that the light bulb is good (mine bulb wasn't good, so the switch drove me nuts for awhile before I realized the bulb was bad).

1990 32' Regency
Spartan Chassis
Cummins CTA8.3
Allison 4 speed

Posts: 70 | Location: WI | Member Since: 03-19-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/11
Picture of Jim & Barb
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the delay-
An answer to some of the questions.

There isn't any voltage to the switch at all. I used both a meter and a trouble light with the switch in the on and off positions. I can see where all three wires go into the wall but have no idea where they go.

No the shower does not have a light in it and does not appear there ever was one there. I wonder if the shower stall was replaced once and it may have had one before.

My tank heater switches are on my main control panel so I don't think it is that.

It is possible there is another switch somewhere, however I can't think of anywhere else another switch could be.

I will keep trying to figure out why it is there before I taped the wires and remove it.

Still open to suggestions- thanks,
Jim

Posts: 457 | Location: Port Charlotte Florida USA | Member Since: 06-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Jim, on my Coach one is for the fan in the ceiling and the other is the light around the fan, There are switches on the fan and light in the ceiling also, fun isn't it. Tom

Posts: 257 | Location: Carolina Shores Nc | Member Since: 12-12-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Jim, On my coach the water pump can be turned on or off from over the entry door or a switch in the panel in the bathroom.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post