Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Tires, tires, ...
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Tires, tires, ...
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11

Picture of Micha
posted
A week from vacation, I realized that some of my Bridgestones (8R19.5) tires are showing signs of aging and are due for replacement. I was very satisfied with Bridgestones but here in Quebec, they seem to be very difficult to obtain. Having read favourable comments here about Michelin. I am now looking at Michelin’s XZA 12 ply (8R19.5) $301, XZE (14ply) 225/70R19.5 $294 or XRV (12ply) 225/70R19.5 $325. My retailer likes the XZE but is having some concern with the 225’s about spacing on dual rear tires (I have Alcoa rims 6.00) Is the 225’s an improvement over the 8R , despite the slightly smaller diameter? How many people are using the 225/70 with the rims 6.00 and for how long, any problem with spacing, rocks lodging in between tires, …?

Michel

92 Beakaway
Cummins 190HP, Allison
GVWR 18000(6000, 12000)

Posts: 41 | Location: Montréal, Canada | Member Since: 04-03-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Itchintogo
posted Hide Post
I think you also need to make sure the tires are applicable to your 6 in rims and they will not produce bead wear flexing as well. I was going to upgrade mine last year and the tire dealer talked me out of it. Also the spacing needs to be correct as well as you mentioned in case of a low tires or a hard bump in the road. If your happy with the last ones I would just stick to what is tried and true.

Gary

Posts: 19 | Location: Left Coast | Member Since: 07-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
I have Goodyear G670RV 19.5 225R on my 86 Regal P30. 6" rims, good clearance, Been happy with them. Goodyear made these tires just for Motorhomes. I know G.Y. had problems with previous tires . i have been happy with this set. cost less than mick's more than others.

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
I use 245s in front and 8s in the rear. Bridgestones.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post